The Get-You-Wasted Presidential Debate Drinking Game
So, you’ve been watching the news. You’ve been reading the blog sites. You’ve been keeping up with every painful and hilarious moment of the 2012 presidential election season.
Or maybe you haven’t. Either way, you’re in for a good time this evening as you watch President Barack Obama and Republican Nominee Mitt Romney go head-to-head for the first time in the first of three debates.
Tonight the conversation will focus on domestic policy. While this is exciting in itself, why not invite some friends over and make it a party? And while you’re at it, break out the spirits! With our patented (not really) Presidential Debate Drinking Game, you’ll be sure to enjoy it to the fullest.
Drinking Game Rules
While watching Obama and Romney battle it out on your favorite news station (Fox News, of course), take a shot when any of the following occurs:
1. Start by toasting to the long-awaited event of the President and Mitt Romney shaking hands and greeting each other in person for the first time in what seems like this entire election process. If Romney looks at Obama and smiles condescendingly, as so, down another one:
2. When Mitt Romney emits his uncomfortable Mitt Romney laugh (“ahuh ahuh huh huh”).
3. When President Obama begins a sentence with “Look…”
4. When there’s a mention of Mormonism – actually, politely refrain from drinking on this one.
5. When someone says “Let me be clear…”
6. When someone says “47% of America” or “100% of America.”
7. When there’s any mention of a Midwestern state or city – double shot for Cleveland or Detroit!
8. If Romney makes a joke about global warming – do a triple shot.
9. When someone says: “deficit,” “Main Street,” “small businesses,” “job creators,” “arithmetic,” “student loans,” “middle class,” “welfare” or “Obamacare.”
10. When President Obama tells Mitt Romney that Obamacare is basically the same thing as the healthcare plan Romney created as Governor of Massachusetts, finish the bottle.
Bonus: “Are you better off than you were four years ago?”
Now run off to the liquor store and stock up on the Smirnoff (yeah, you should probably go for the bigger sized bottle). The debates begin at 9pm EST, 6pm PST, and if you don’t live in either of those time zones you’ll have to either do the math or look it up. I can’t help you any further, I’m already drunk. Cheers!
Will you be watching the debate tonight? What are you looking forward to seeing – and more importantly, what are you drinking? Leave us a comment below!
Game created by Feminspire writers Alicia Perez, Savannah Thomas, Sully Moreno, Katie Oldaker and Rhiannon Payne